Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"Mommy, if you doubt it, it's not going to happen"

My very wise 8 year old was telling me a story this morning.  He was praying while he was getting ready for school, and he shared his prayers with me.  What he was praying for - a baby brother - is unlikely at best.  When I told him I doubted that was going to happen,  his response was, "Mommy, if you doubt it, it's NOT going to happen."

WOW, right?  How many times a day, whatever journey you're on, do you doubt yourself, your abilities, your choices and decisions?  How many times, conversely, do you focus on what you really want, REALLY need, and know, with absolute conviction, that those things are going to happen?

I am absolutely positive that, by the Tuesday after Labor Day weekend, I will be working at a job I love, for a reasonable salary, with people that appreciate me.  Whether that means I start next week, or that Tuesday, there is not a doubt in my mind that I will be where I should be.  How do I come by that conviction?  I am not sure.  Positive thinking, "The Secret" and the power of prayer - or some combination thereof. 

This is not to say that I am sitting on the couch, eating bon bons and waiting for my wonderful new boss to pick up the phone and offer me my dream job.   I am under no illusion that this feeling of certainty doesn't require a significant effort on my part, only that my efforts will yield the results that I am wishing for.

I am reaching out to everyone I know, and people are amazing.  I have  job leads forwarded to me regularly, and several are very interesting.  People are recognizing strengths in me that I was not necessarily emphasizing, leading me in directions that are exciting and energizing.

Think about what you really want, and go after it with a sense of purpose.  Do not doubt your abilities, your self worth or your aspirations and dreams.  Put it "out there" and what is right will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment