Monday, May 28, 2012

God Bless America

Memorial Day weekend is a time for introspection.  I think about all the amazing people that have fought for our country.  I shed a tear for the mothers that have to watch their children - their babies - go off to training and to war...I believe that military service is one of the noblest things someone can do, yet I shudder to think of my son, my nephew, my spouse, going off to serve.  I like to think I am strong, but the thought brings me to my knees!

So, today, I am pausing once again to be grateful - for those who serve, for their families, for our freedom, for this amazing country and for our little community and the people in it.  It puts things in perspective, for me, to think about the amazing sacrifices that have been made so that we can have the life that we have, right now, right here, today.

Thank you and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment