Thursday, May 3, 2012

Have you read "The Secret"?

There are days...days when life seems really hard.  Days when it seems like you have had more than your fair share of ***, days when things seem really unfair.

I have been very blessed.  I know it.  That doesn't mean that there are not days when I am frustrated, tired or fed up.  That does mean, however, that I will not wallow.

It stinks that I was laid off.  I miss my job, I miss my friends, I miss feeling useful.  I miss having a really great answer when someone asks me what I do.  I don't miss the stress of the last couple of months at my job, or the uncertainty, but I do miss the satisfaction of a job well-done.

All of that said, I am convinced that I am going to end up in a position I love, in an organization that makes a positive impact on the world around us.  I am absolutely certain that will happen, and that I will have found that position by Labor Day, 2012. 

Keeping that optimism can be difficult, yet I have no doubt.  There are lots of reasons to be optimistic:  I am good at what I do.  I have tons of support from family and friends.  People believe in me.  I work hard, and I am tackling my job search like I do the other projects in my life - with dedication and an intolerance for failure.

There are just as many reasons NOT to be convinced:  the job market is crummy.  Marketing and public relations are positions that are often eliminated, and not always refilled.  Lots of people work hard, and many of them are smarter than I am.  There are some really, really great professionals looking for work at the same places I am. 

So, what makes the difference?  The Secret makes the difference.  Spend your time focused on the positive; set your goals and put them out to the universe.  BELIEVE in yourself and your goals and repeat them over and over.  Post them to Facebook, Linked In and blogs.  Talk about them to everyone you know.  BELIEVE...

If you are convinced, and convincing, others will be convinced too.  You are as strong as your convictions...and you're going to be successful if you truly believe.   I am going to be successful on this journey, and you're going to be right there by my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment